Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jchip

Reaction score
I hope someone can help; I had taken the SUBA certification course (pool check out, night dive, 40 phantom (240 ft.) dive and buddy check.ect.

All this was in the early 1970's, the shop Hal Watts shop on Mills Ave, was the only SUBA shop in Orlando at that time, and my instruction's name was Phil Platter I thank.

Is there some place I can get some info, or a replacement card?

Thanks for your help.
Jimmy M. Chipman
At that time my address was 6444 Edgewater Dr. Orlando Fl. 32808.
New address, 241 Pocosin Rd. Latta SC 29656
DOD 06/24/41

Hi Jimmy
You will need to know which agency certified you...PADI, NAUI, YMCA, etc. A few no longer exist or were absorbed by another agency, one even lost its early records in a fire. In that case you may be out of luck and have to re-take your certification course to prove you are a certified diver. Check your certifying agency's website for contact info. For example, if a PADI cert card was issued you can order a replacement online, however records prior to the early 80' are not computerized and required a manual search through archives so you will need to call them.
Best of luck and welcome to Scubaboard.

Hi Jimmy,
With the information you provided, I ran you through PADI's online check. You did not come up (as expected) so I took the liberty of submitting a request to PADI's research department. When I hear back from them, I will let you know if they have found you. It could take up to 5 days for a response from them. Given the time period that you recieved your cert, you sould also try NAUI and the YMCA if the PADI seach doesn't come up with anything...If it has been since then since you have dove, you might want to consider taking the course again anyway...as you probably know, there have been a lot of changes over the years! I will let you know when I hear back from PADI...best of luck!
Morgan

Jimmy,
Sorry mate, but PADI does not have any record of you...maybe one of the NAUI or YMCA guys could check thier organizations for you...
Morgan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom