Hemmorhaging or Rash Around Eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehuber

Contributor
Reaction score
I did certifications for EAN and Dry Suit diving at DUI DOG Days this weekend, and when I returned home I had tiny red dots around my eyes that appeared to be either some sort of rash or tiny, circular bruises. This is isolated to around my eyes only, there is no pain, itching, or swelling.

I checked DANs site and found nothing. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or similar problems?

The only real diving problem I have ever had was difficulty equalizing my left ear... and although I have some water in the ear, there is no pain or dizziness. Could I be exerting too much equalization pressure and causing minor bruising?

This seems likely, as there is no physical pain... just a little mild soreness. During my descents, I focus so much attention on equalizing my ears that I believe I may have neglected my mask to some degree. Otherwise, I feel fine and my vision is unimpaired. Obviously, I will have to keep closer tabs on my mask and descend slower.

Thx for the link!

Hi ehuber,

It is good there is no itching, swelling, significant discomfort or visual disturbance.

The expectation is that the spots will fade without residua. If the condition alters for the worse in any fashion, medical attention would be prudent.

This is educational only and does not constitute or imply a doctor-patient relationship. It is not medical advice to you or any other individual, and should not be construed as such.

Regards,

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom