Henderson Aqua lock vs Bare Elastek--thoughts please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thoughts on Henderson Aqua Lock 7mm vs Bare Elastek 7 mm? I'm trying to avoid drysuit purchase (latex sensitivity precludes rental--even for course in TN) and learning curve for British Columbia Liveaboard w/45-50' water temps. Am 53 y/o serious recreational diver--don't anticipate diving this cold again, but think 7mm might be usefull in the future. Thanks, Phyllis

I just got the 7mm suit, hood, and boots, and 5mm gloves. Very easy to don and doff, and very comfortable. Seems about as warm as my 8mm SolAfx. I'd prefer more of a gasket pad behind the back zip.
I'm not familiar with the Bare Elastek.
What liveaboard?

I just got the 7mm suit, hood, and boots, and 5mm gloves. Very easy to don and doff, and very comfortable. Seems about as warm as my 8mm SolAfx. I'd prefer more of a gasket pad behind the back zip.
I'm not familiar with the Bare Elastek.
What liveaboard?

Nautilus Swell--I was attracted b/c they have 'rooms' (it's early--coffee hasn't kicked in) for one person w/o adding 50% to the cost. Not til next fall, in case I have to get dives in to get past drysuit learning curve. Do you anything about this Liveaboard?

Back
Top Bottom