Henderson Aqua Lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 7mm suit with the 5mm gloves and boots will do fine for diving the Great Lakes. I have several customers using that set up and they say it is the warmest suit they have ever dove.

I replaced my 8mm SolAfx with a 7 mm Aqua Lock suit, boots, and hood, and 5 mm gloves. Used them in the quarry, a full week on the Galapagos Sky, and New Years Day off New Jersey. Very comfortable. Easy to don and doff (except tucking in the hood, as mentioned by others). The bib of the hood seems to have too large a circumference-- as though it were cut to make a full circle instead of a "funnel" that snugs against the chest and back. I'll certainly look into the hooded vest.

I have been using a custom suit from Wetwear for a while, just got a 5mm AquaLock. I like the AquaLock more than the custom suit, even though I've only had it about a week, maybe have 10-12 dives on it.

On the first dive when I got back on the boat I though I was dry! Quite effective with the seals on the wrists and ankles. I got a 3mm hood, used it last night, very nice.

I agree with ekapoo, the inner layer , while being very soft and quite comfortable, seems a bit on the fragile side. I will use this until the water gets back up to 80, then retire it for the winter. Again, my only concern is the inner layer.

Other than that it is a terrific suit, I'm sure it will be a winner for Henderson.

does it have a waterproof ti zipper or no ?

I have changed my opinion of the Henderson aquaLock suit. The interior orange lining is a joke, very fragile and really has not stood to the use I expected from it. The rubber inner sleeves around the wrists and ankles have split and look quite shabby. The suit is very warm, but I would never buy this suit again.

Currently trying to decide between a Henderson Aqualock and a custom suit through body glove. The Custom body glove would not be made out of the super stretch type of neoprene, which is my biggest concern and one of the major reasons why I do like the fit and feel of the Henderson.

Im wondering if anyone else has changed their minds about the Henderson and why. Also, if anyone has insight between hyperstretch neoprene and custom suits without the stretch., I'd be interested to hear pros and cons.

Thanks.

Currently trying to decide between a Henderson Aqualock and a custom suit through body glove. The Custom body glove would not be made out of the super stretch type of neoprene, which is my biggest concern and one of the major reasons why I do like the fit and feel of the Henderson.

Im wondering if anyone else has changed their minds about the Henderson and why. Also, if anyone has insight between hyperstretch neoprene and custom suits without the stretch., I'd be interested to hear pros and cons.

Thanks.
I loved my custom suit from WetWear, and it had long zippers on the arms and legs - very easy to in and out of, as well as a neoprene that compresses less so the thermal quality was greater than other 3mm suits I have had. If you see my other comment, I would not get a Henderson AquaLock again, but they have another super-stretch suit some of my friends have and they are happy with them.

I have changed my opinion of the Henderson aquaLock suit. The interior orange lining is a joke, very fragile and really has not stood to the use I expected from it. The rubber inner sleeves around the wrists and ankles have split and look quite shabby. The suit is very warm, but I would never buy this suit again.

I appreciate the quality of the Henderson AquaLock in terms of really being a grade above every other wetsuit I've tried with regard to 'stretchy-ness'. I remember being in the dive shop trying on the $125 suit, then the $200 suit, then the $300, then finally trying the AquaLock and telling myself 'now this is a suit that is an improvement'.

However, a year later I'm diving dry. The AquaLock really was just slightly warmer (if any) than my previous suit. That was all probably attributed to the semi-dry type seals this suit has. One of my wrist seals also split, but was easily repaired with AquaSeal. The orange lining does shred a bit but that didn't bother me too much. I still look forward to the day the water is warm enough so I can put it back on.

we have the 5mm Henderson Thermoprene which is the one that is 75% more stretch

excellent wetsuit, very happy with it
just purchased the henderson Aqualock boots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom