Henderson Booties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am intersted in the zipperless Hyperstretch Booties. Does anyone have any thoughts?

For stuff like that, it's probably 99% personal preference and fit - you'll have to try it out and see for yourself. What anyone else tells you won't matter if it's not comfortable with a good fit.

I have been happy with them overall. There is one problem though. They don't dry very well, not enough air circulation because of the narrow zipperless opening.

I end up stuffing them with newspaper after each dive so that they can dry on the inside.

But for fit and comfort I like them a great deal. They fit my XL jetfins very well.

I have tried them on and they are super comfortable but what I wanted to know was if they are warm and if they do in fact eliminate water flow. :)

I don't have the hyperstretch booties, but I do have the hyperstretch 3mm suit. Material fits better than regular neoprene, so that in itself helps to reduce water flow, but ultimately having the proper size and fit will reduce the water flow.

So I built a dryer.
Made from PVC conduit and box from Home Depot and fan from Radio Shack.

That is hillarious and brilliant at the same time!

You seriously might be on to something!

Yes, you are definitely onto something with the dryer. If you can get a deal where you get the dryer and the booties then I give them my full endorsement.

The booties do keep me warm. I have the 7mm version. They are just a little loose around my ankles and even though I put my wetsuit over them I still feel a water rush when I shuffle into the ocean. I tried on many different brands of booties and they fit the best for me though. Almost all of the other brands were either too short or way to wide. These were just right in length and just a touch wide. If you don't have long narrow feet and skinny ankles maybe you won't have that problem!

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom