Henderson GoldCore SemiDry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just finished my scuba certification, and was wondering if anyone had any input on the henderson goldcore semi dry wetsuit. I was also looking at getting a hyperstrech, looking in the 7mm range because I will be diving mainly cold water. Are they very durable, will they keep me warm enough. I had to wear a damn farmer john wetsuit and I hated it, I kow it will be warmer, but didn't enjoy really wearing that much neoprene around my chest. Made me feel really tight and uncomfortable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve Aaen

....and I love it...Nice and warm/ Comfortable, flexable, and easy to doff and don..... Matter of fact it is for sale...I have lost weight and it is now too big.....time to buy another....

I recently purchased a 3mm Henderson hyperstretch. One of my reg buddies purchased a 3mm as well and four other friends purchased 5mm suits. We have used these suits for approx one dozen dives and they are pilling extensively. They began to pill after the first dive. Henderson seems to be unwilling to stand behind their product. As well they don't seem to keep you as warm as comparable thickness wetsuits. They are , however , a dream to take on and off. Still, I would save your money and buy a Dacor.

I own a gold core 2 piece gold core suit and have about 65 dives on it and I'm very happy with it. My LDS uses the hyperstretch suits for rental and they have also noticed the pilling cse mentions, but from what I hear it is unique to the hyperstretch suits only.

One of my friends did a couple of dives with the a goldcore semi-dry and was impressed with it. If I were in the market for a new suit, the semi-dry would be my first choice.

Steve.

Stoped off at the LDS and put in an order for a Gold Core Semi-Dry this afternoon. With any luck I should be getting it wet here in the next week or so. I'll let you know what I think of it.

If you are going to do primarily cold diving I would go the semidry or even Hendersons dry suit. The hyperstretch is a great fitting suit but as mentioned, it won't keep you near as warm. You really need to layer under the hyper 7/5 since the warmth properties are not as good but with the superior fit and movement available in the suit, layering is quite easy.

Semi-dries are great for colder water diving. The Henderson one is nice if you can handle the feeling of the GoldCore (personally I find it feels gross against my skin). The Henderson semi also has the hood attached which some others don't. Other semis to look at would be the Mares Isotherm or the Cressi semi-dry. Both are fantastic suits with double layers at the wrists and ankles, and both with seperate dry-suit style hoods. The Hyperstretch do tend to compress and thin out but apparently Henderson does replace some if it does so within a short period of purchasing (try to get the store to send it back).

I Love... repeat...LOVE my Henderson Semi Dry! I have now done 16 dives in Monterey, CA with it and it has been perfect. The hood rocks! It's just a great comfortable suit!:)

Just got home from the store with mine. If I can find a buddy to go with I'll be trying it out real soon.

the only suit i own is a henderson gold core suit , i had a parkway suit , also a 7 ml, my henderson is the cats a.., it goes on well,comes off well and well i generally sweet till i hit the water in it. it is a farmer john. i have had it down to 120 ft, at 42 degrees and was warm as hell. I had zippers put in the legs for ease of use on the boat. as far as the tight fit goes i had to mix mine i went with a 3xx top and a 1x bottom. this gave me more room were i needed it in the arms and shoulders . i think if you are looking into the henderson try it in mixed sizes.

Back
Top Bottom