Henderson Hyperstrech--how stretchy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my Hyperstretch... (this is starting to sound familiar on the board) :D
Since Hyperstretch can... well, stretch A LOT, my advice is: pick the size that has the correct length for you, and the rest is unimportant, as the suit will adjust.
I am 5'4, and Size 8 is perfect for me lenghtwise

No doubt about it.... I love Henderson Hyperstretch!!! After squeezing into lots of other suits, this one is a dream to put on. I plan to buy the core warmer and a thicker suit for the colder water.

I have a 3mm and I think I paid $389 at my LDS for it.

astrl :)

hi nalu,

experienced salesmen at TWO LDS -- whom i trust -- both say "size down".

i wear a 14 in all my other henderson wetsuits. the fit is okay, but more snug than i like.

well, both these (intelligent) guys have looked me in the eye (and seen everything else!) and said, "size 12" -- because hyperstretch stretches so much.

hth,

judy

I am a male hyperstrech owner who is kind of the short broad type with short arms and legs ( about 5'6 with a 48 inch chest!!!). I have been diving in a hyperstrech since they first came out and honestly love it. I use at 7/5 with the 3/5 hood. This combo has kept me warm in temps as low as 42 and I attribute this to the wonderful fit I have in my suit. It was the only one I found I could by off the rack and have a good fit. Honestly, I wouldn't trade it in for any other wet suit. The only problem I have had with it is the excesive pilling of the surface nylon that plagues the early suits. Fortunately my BC has no velcro on it so it has not been a big problem. I hear more recent versions of the suits have improved this, but lets face it this is at worst a cosmetic problem. I highly suggest the suit.

Jason
=-)

Size down!!!! I am 5'4" and way more than your 175. I have a size 12 3mm hyperstretch jumpsuit and it's WONDERFUL!! Bought from a LDS, but they were willing to match an Internet price .... Sleeves are slightly long, but I just cuff them and have had no problems. Bought my 6' , 157 lb. daughter one for Christmas, she wears a size 10. She couldn't stand any of the non-Hyperstrech she tried on all all. They just give you so much more flexability!!

Let us know how it all works out!!:D

Back
Top Bottom