henderson or bare?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afdiver

New
Reaction score
about to head down to the galapagos for 5 weeks and im trying to decide between a 5mm henderson thermoprene or the bare 5 mm. any thoughts?

I've never used a bare, so I have no opinion. However, my wife and I own 6 Hendersons between us and love them. Your best bet is to hit the LDS and try them on, since sizes and cut vary between companies.

I own Bare drysuits and have had Henderson wetsuits and been in the Bare suits. Either way you go both companies make great suits. So you will not be at a loss either way. So personal choice I would make en effort to try thew two on that your considering as they will each have a differnt fit/feel. I know henderson Hyperstrecth is an excellent suit as well as Bare's

I have a Bare Elastoprene and a Henderson H2, both are great suits. I had an issue with the Henderson suit after a week on a live aboard, sent the suit back for repair and received a new suit in its place. Both companies make great suits, choice is personal. I'd check the price at Leisure Pro, I got my Henderson for less than half or retail. The H2 boot are awesome...no zipper and a great fit.

I have lots of Bare wet gear and it's all done well by me. I think Bare may be a better value but in the end the one that fits best will be the best buy.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom