Henderson Theroprene Pro reviews ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calabash digger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just bought two a 3mm and a 5mm ...I was diving a Pinnacle Tempo but they quit making them...Any thoughts on the Hendersons?

My 5'6" 135 lb daughter has a Thermax Pro in 5mm and it's the only off-the-shelf suit that accommodated having curves without being a hula-hoop around her waist and limbs. I'm 6'2", barrel chested, and have a DD214 gut and I bought a 5mm Henderson Aqualock Pro after trying out a Henderson Thermax as a rental. Again, the fit was the best off the peg suit out there and the tall sizes really help dial it in. Henderson's figured out sizing that works for Americans. It's not the cheapest suit but I've never seen anyone regret spending the extra 50 to 100 bucks on a Henderson.

The reviews on LeisurePro/Scuba.com are good. Needed to get a 5mm and was surprised they had them in stock and in my size. Just ordered yesterday so I’ll report back on fit when I get it.

I have a 3mm Thermoprene, a 3mm Thermoprene Pro, and a 5mm Thermaxxx, as well as a 3mm Thermoprene vest. Obviously the 5mm is going to be a lot warmer than the 3mm suits. I run on the cold side, so it's my go-to wetsuit for tropical diving when water temps are below about 82 degrees F. Of the other two suits, the Thermoprene Pro is definitely nicer and warmer than the regular Thermoprene. I find that it is easier to don and doff than the Thermoprene but also holds its shape better when wet and doesn't get baggy in spots like the regular Thermoprene does. Nothing beats the fit of my 5mm Thermaxxx though. I love that thing.

I bought a 3 mm Thermaxx titanium "fire fleece" to replace my ancient 3 mm Merino-lined Pinnacle. The Henderson is much more flexible, easier to don and doff, slightly larger for the same XL size. I thought the Pinnacle might be very slightly warmer. I was happy with the Pinnacle for many years and have been happy with the Henderson for about 30 dives.

I have put four dives on the 5mm and it is very warm and comfortable..I also ordered a thermoprene pro shorty ...Man its like diving in street wear!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom