Henderson Titanium Hyperstrech Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other than the known pilling, I hardly know I'm wearing it. I have the 7mm. Even easy to take off/on while wet.

Check periodically for pulled threads on the inside seams, and stop with some black magic goop.

It piles very easily, mine got softer and softer like a surf suit then a scuba dive suit, and even though it was a 7mm, after 4 months it looked and felt like a 3mil, I was always cold. I went custom, 7mm all throughout.

Never again will I buy off the rack when it comes to a wetsuit. I wish I knew about it in the beginning. I'm sure everyone has said that after diving awhile?:wink:

It takes forever to dry. It's not as warm as a conventional suit of the same thinkness.

If I had it to do over again I would buy a Bare velocity suit. I tried one on last weekend and it fit like a glove. It's made form conventional neoprene but it has panels of stretch material in all the right places. Of courese, you never know how a suit is going to perform until you get it in the water, but I think it would hold up better than the hyperstretch suits.

the new Henderson Aqua Suede hyperstretch suits? The Aqua suede supposedly eliminates the pilling/abrasion problem. They only seem to come in 3mm though.....

I have the Henderson semidry and the problem I'm trying to have fixed with no luck is that the threads on the thing are unravelling for no reason.I tried calling the company but they don't seem to want to return my calls.Other than that the suit is very nice .Its Gold Core from the chest down and hyperstretch on top with a gold core attached hood. It's 7/5 mm and if I can get the thing sorted out it will definately be the best suit I've worn.Very warm at 80 ft in the great lakes Kingston Ont.It's also more comfortable than I could beleive.
My advice would be to find one that does'nt have the thread problem which is very common in these suits from what I've been hearing,and try one on.You'll see.

viper3037 once bubbled...
I have the Henderson semidry and the problem I'm trying to have fixed with no luck is that the threads on the thing are unravelling for no reason.I tried calling the company but they don't seem to want to return my calls.

It is seeing several quotes like this that is going to keep me from buying a Henderson suit. Before I started researching I thought they looked like pretty good suits and every LDS is pushing then but after seeing quite a few posts like this I would never buy one. Thank The Diving God for message boards like this one.

I bought a 3 mil Ti stretch prior to a trip to Hawaii this winter and without a doubt it is the most comfortable suit in the world. Being a Cherry grower where summer time activity takes off 20-30 lbs each year and inactivity puts it back on each winter I do appreciate the ability to adjust to my midwinter pearshape and allow me to return to the '6 pack' ( I wish ) I sport each summer. Seriously it is a very comfortable suit. I have a bare Arctic supra 7mm and puttin it on now is very uncomfortable. I will have to try the velocity tho. where are the stretch panels?

Cherry

Back
Top Bottom