HENS AND CHICKENS ISLAMORADA 6-24-14 couple of pix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Forecast was a little off today, steady chop on the reef

viz was 20 feet of greenish water(only about a little over a mile or from shore )

water temp 85(boat gps) and no current

Today we brought our macro setups to practice with.

It figures that one tarpon followed us the whole time (4 feet away)

Very crowded out there today but we never saw another diver or snorkeler during our dive(2 hrs)

IMG_0920_edited-2.jpgIMG_0942_edited-1.jpgIMG_0946_edited-1.jpgIMG_0959_edited-1.jpgIMG_0966_edited-1.jpgIMG_0989_edited-1.jpgP1016203_edited-1.jpgP1016209_edited-1.jpgP1016215_edited-1.jpg

That's one of my favorite shallow sites in the upper Keys. I've only dove it 3 or 4 times, but every time I've been there it feels very peaceful (probably because there aren't that many divers on the site and there seems to be very little damgage to the coral) and the reef structure is just so incredibly beautiful. Vis has never been great but it doesn't really need to be better than 40 or 50 feet on a shallow site like this one.

Thanks for posting the photos: Makes be really look forward to my 3 upcoming long weekends in the Keys!

That's one of my favorite shallow sites in the upper Keys. I've only dove it 3 or 4 times, but every time I've been there it feels very peaceful (probably because there aren't that many divers on the site and there seems to be very little damgage to the coral) and the reef structure is just so incredibly beautiful. Vis has never been great but it doesn't really need to be better than 40 or 50 feet on a shallow site like this one.

Thanks for posting the photos: Makes be really look forward to my 3 upcoming long weekends in the Keys!

thnx and you are right it is a fantastic reef. My next reef to check out is Cheeca rocks(reefman speaks highly of this reef)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom