Here she comes....Vandenberg!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Main Deck on port side is between 84 & 86 feet. Kingposts are about 48 to 50 feet. As a side note for everyone, this wreck has great potential for all levels of diving experience. Please stay within your level of training! If you want to see other areas of this wreck I encourage you to get the proper traing first. Before you start to exceed your limits, think of the husbands, wives, mothers & fathers that will be put in harms way to either save you or recover you!

Amen!! They will be my freinds, as I am on my way to Texas to start my new carreer.

safe dives
trtldvr
Florida Keys Safe Diving Initiative

I read that a dive operator was criminally charged for taking divers to the site Friday before it was officially open for diving. Does anyone have any more details?

Yes it was the captain of the Bansai Divers boat down here. But the legality of it all will be WAY up in the air because it occurred in International waters, etc. So things are already creating a mess down here because no one can get their ducks in a row on what to do from day to day

Yes it was the captain of the Bansai Divers boat down here. But the legality of it all will be WAY up in the air because it occurred in International waters, etc. So things are already creating a mess down here because no one can get their ducks in a row on what to do from day to day

What CAN they do? I doubt that there are laws about diving a wreck before it's "legal"???

Hope they took pictures:D

Did it land upright?

Things do sound a bit chaotic. However, in a day or so all should be resolved. As they hoped, it looks like this will bring more divers to Key West. I look forward to getting down there to dive her in the future.

the vandenberg is well within federal waters. here are 2 local stories concerning bonsai divers,,,,,,,,,

Sinking shifted satellite dishes | KeysNews.com

First recreational diver to 'Vandenberg' is first one cited -- restricted area still in place

reefman
key largo

"I've been told they had some type of an exemption to let some National Geographic people take pictures," he said. "What's so special about National Geographic? I was taking pictures for a Web site."

Hahahaha, what a clown. Yes, National Geographic and Bonsai Divers are definitely the same.

noted underwater photographers; david doubilet, on assignment for national geographic and stephenfrink, working for the monroe county TDC(tourist development council), were aboard the boat in question yesterday. only topside photos were permitted and they plan on diving the wreck this morning and afternoon for underwater photos. when their articles and photographs are published, with a worldwide audience, that publicity is priceless(yeah, i'd call that special!!!)

reefman
key largo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom