Hero 3 Silver/Cineform/Windows Vista issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich5711

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Total video/photography newb. Running Windows Vista.

I have no problem transferring the MP4's and jpeg files from the GoPro to my pc.

I downloaded Cineform from the GoPro site and whenever I try to import the files, Cineform crashes and windows gives me an error stating goproimport has stopped working.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Cineform and the gopro drivers package. No luck.

Am I missing anything?

---------- Post added February 10th, 2013 at 08:52 AM ----------

Here's the problem details from windows.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GoPro CineForm Studio.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 508ce49d
Fault Module Name: MSVCR80.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.0.50727.6195
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dcddbf3
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001500a
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

I am no puter expert but I will ask if you have WinVista Service Pack 2 installed. Also try installing the program with your anti-virus program turned off.

Ill retry it with the antivirus off. SP2 is installed as well as all available updates for Vista.

I use the cineform product Neoscene....which is actually 2 programs.... HD Link, which would take the files first from your camera, and convert the h264 codec in mov wrapper, into a cineform avi wrapper....and then I import the avi files to First Light, which is awesome for color correcting, lightening, etc. If I tried to import the mov files straight into First light/ it would fail--Firstlight requires you to use hdlink first.... Are you sure there is not a conversion program you forgot to use first?

Downloaded K Lite codec pack, and re installed cineform for the 38th time and somehow it all works now. My computer is old and slow and takes about 5 hours to convert a 20 min video to avi.

Thank you all for your help, it definitely led me to the solution.

Downloaded K Lite codec pack, and re installed cineform for the 38th time and somehow it all works now. My computer is old and slow and takes about 5 hours to convert a 20 min video to avi.

Thank you all for your help, it definitely led me to the solution.
20 minutes of mov from camera, to computer avi conversion , should be in more like 4 or 5 minutes....My smart phone could probably do this in well under 5 hours, if Cineform wanted to port the Hdlink program for Android....
Either something is still way wrong.....or you need to find someone that just got a shiny new Surface Pro, and is ready to dump their laptop ( I am suggesting a lot of laptops are about to get dumped, more so than desktops....so it may not be so hard with this....

7 year old Dell Inspiron. Girls MacBook Pro rips through the import/conversion/edit/export process faster than my laptop boots. Unfortunately I have a deep dislike for Apple products and can't bring myself to use hers. There is a new laptop and external hd in my future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom