Hero3 Black first video - sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fbk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Finally got my H3 black this week! First dive on Thurs with 2 Grey Nurse sharks.

I shot 3 video's with my Hero2 so this is my fourth vid overall and I'm hooked. The H3 black performs much better than the H2. Thanks to this forum for all the advice especially Marty and Dave. 3 months ago I had never even picked up a video camera or knew what a video editor was :p

Shot in 1080/60T RawWB using a SRP filter and 2 Sola 600's to light up the sharks. Quick edit of the MP4 files in PowerDirector including colour adjustment as my Cineform doesn't want to play converting big files.

Shark Cave 21 Feb - YouTube

Damn, if I didn't see the bubbles I'd have thought you were on a rebreather. Awesome video.

Nice video thanks for sharing, I love those grey Nurse Sharks and one day my Hero3's will get to see them but the recent bad weather up north has canceled my last couple of trips amongst these awesome creatures.

Where is this filmed? the first shots looked very much like the shallow exit of the Fish rock cave but its clearly somewhere else after seeing the rest of the video.

Marty this is off Rottnest Island in Perth, definitely one of my favourite local dives, the sharks are magnificent. Site is called West Patch/Shark Cave there are several other vids on Youtube. Look for DMJB65's vids, he was with me that dive too. It's not unheard of for there to be 10-20 GNS in there. Can't wait to go back, its a very weather dependent dive and conditions were great last week so I was very fortunate to get there with my new Hero3.

Twin Lights + no shadows + 60 frames per second = happy diver and video viewers.

Now if you'd just add a couple more Loc-line links to each side, you wouldn't be length challenged and even less backscatter and shadows. he heh.

Steak Pies + Cold Tins of beer = smiles.

Now if you'd just add a couple more Loc-line links to each side, you wouldn't be length challenged and even less backscatter and shadows. he heh.

Way ahead of ya Mr Heap I've ordered some. LH light was pointed in too (must have bumped it a bit without knowing) and is also closer to the camera so there is some BS on that side unfortunately but overall its not too bad even in that average vis :p

Group hug sent to FBK

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom