Hey Atomic Mask fans +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW:
I think she is talking about Atomic mask with ARC lens technology...
I think maybe yes. But that is not the ad which was run.
I have since seen an ad for the "ARC" technology in another mag.

I think the point Darcy was making is that YOUR comments are important to Atomic, that they review them, and valuable enough to make it into their advertising.

sambolino44:
The June issue ad on page 67 has a bunch of "real quotes from real divers taken from the Scubaboard.com diver forums."

I have an Atomic frameless mask, and I like it, but geez, these people make it sound like it's the best thing since sliced bread. Come to think of it, what's so great about sliced bread?

I have 2 and love them both. And as far as sliced bread goes, Lefty, the 3 fingered bread slicer, thinks you should be happy you can buy it that way. :D

Or buy one off SB. I have seen several a week up for sale. The problem with these masks is that you have to have a small face. I tried one on at the LDS a couple of weekends ago. It barely covered my eyes.

My advise is to try one on first. Seems to also be the concensus of people that have bought and sold them.

Good luck!

Spratman:
Or buy one off SB. I have seen several a week up for sale. The problem with these masks is that you have to have a small face. I tried one on at the LDS a couple of weekends ago. It barely covered my eyes.

My advise is to try one on first. Seems to also be the concensus of people that have bought and sold them.

Good luck!

Hmm...I don't have a small face and mine fits fine. That being said, you should ALWAYS try on masks before buying. Too many differences in our face that may make one work and another not. If you are fortunate, an Atomic will fit your face.

Spratman:
The problem with these masks is that you have to have a small face. I tried one on at the LDS a couple of weekends ago. It barely covered my eyes.

Good luck!

Jack - what size did you try on? When I first was checking them out no one told me there were different sizes! I tried the small and thought the same as you. Then I happened to be somewhere else and they said "here, try on these two sizes..."

Duh!

Yeah, I don't have a small face, either. I chose my mask after trying on about a million of them. It fits so that I don't have to inhale very hard at all through my nose, and it stays on without the strap. It's pretty comfortable. The straps are easy to adjust. It has a pretty good field of view. It's very low volume. It's not very big and clunky, so it doesn't get in the way.

As for the anti-reflective coating, I suppose, I just never really noticed. I've never tried it in comparison to any other mask side by side, so who knows? All I know is, the mask works for me. It was expensive, but it's a good mask. You get what you pay for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom