Hey- who's up for Millbrook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... altho visibility was better than we could have hoped for. Mostly we practiced buoyancy control. Maybe we could figure out some type of game or activity to make the buoyancy control practice meaningful... say, a tunnel lined with razor blades and fish hooks...

No plane...

Based on the map I have of millbrook it looked like the plane was about 080 from the bus. So we swam to the bus and then on a heading of 080... but looks like my right leg is a bit stronger than my left :) so we ended up drifting left if i wasnt paying good attention. We ended up hitting the quarry wall on the other side and I went up to see where we were. At 30 ft I could see the trees outside the water!! Go Zebra's!! After taking a heading of 240 to get back to the platforms we did find that cabin crusier we been too before.

The water is getting cold tho :(

yeah, the vis was good on Sat. too. Dave, got your note..thanks for stopping by. Ken, Rolf, and I are going again this coming weekend (more drysuit testing) if you guys are game.

The easiest way to find the plane is to go to the leftmost platform on the opposite side of the quarry (or if you go off beach 2-10 the furthest platform out and rightmost platform). There is a permanent line leading from that platform to the plane (or at least there was).

Hatteras was pretty sweet...

We did 2 dives on the Proteus yesterday...damn.
Nicest wreck I have been on in NC or VA...shoot,
anywhere. Anyway, we saw turtles, dolphins, the usual
suspects (barracuda, amber jacks, etc.), and about 5-6
Sand Tigers...there was a ton of life on this thing..

Wish you all could have made it...

Here were the profiles:

Dive 1: 123' max depth - 79 degree water temp at
depth - vis was about 60-80

SI - 1:30

Dive 2: 126' max depth - 79 degree water temp at
depth - vis was about 60-80

I just want to get some more time in the water on the drysuit before Rolf and I go off Delaware on the 26th.

"turtles, dolphins, barracuda, amber jacks, Sand Tigers...79 degree water temp at depth"

Yer killin me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom