hf20 video cam with ikelite housing any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribean-ted

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
hi i have a canon hf20 video cam hd
i was thinking of using it for underwater pics and video
i was wondering if anyone else has this setup and if its any good
i want to get some nice underwater video as i already own the cam

any pos and negs on it would be appreciated

It should do real well, my buddy gets great results with his HF200 in the canon housing. The Ikelite will allow you to access more camera features u/w than his does also. Ikelite is a good, reliable brand, you shouldn't have any problems with it since it's all mechanical controls.

If yours is like his, it should have an underwater mode that you can set also. It's sort of a convoluted process - instructions are in an older post in the Videography forum. Although you don't really need to since Ikelite includes the UR/Pro filter - that probably works better anyway.

Thanks Steve. I was hoping it would be good. Saved me some money in purchasing an HD video cam Too bad the housing is so expensive.

i have the camera with the canon housing, the camera works just fine with enough light. A wide angle is highly recommended as the camera is not natively wide enough 30mm which you notice the first time you use it. A wide angle reduces camera shake as well. If you could put it on a tray with a couple of light and motion lights sola 600s or stronger with a wide angle that would be a cheap powerhouse setup with lights the lack of custom white balance is less an issue.

Back
Top Bottom