HI all!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyMermaidDivr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I posted my introduction on the Greetings Forum, but wanted to introduce myself to you guys as I'm from Lexington, KY. I was so excited to find a local group here. I've been out of diving for a while and took a refresher course this summer and have been to Joe's this summer and will be going to Fla the first week in Nov for some diving. I'm really excited! Hopefully next year I can afford a tropical diving vacation. Love that crystal blue Carribbean water! Thanks, again, Chad and Kystork, for the warm welcome and the invite to the Halloween trip. I'm really interested in hearing lots more about it and would love to come. I'll definitely be telling my friends and diving buddies/rock climbing buddies about this forum so they can join in the fun. Anyway, nice to meet all of you! Goodnight. :blfish:

Nice to have you on board! Just remember, Always have fun!

You can also check out

www.bluegrassdiveclub.com

They have monthly meetings and several hundred members. They are putting together a ScubaFest downtown on Sept. 28.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
You can also check out

www.bluegrassdiveclub.com

They have monthly meetings and several hundred members. They are putting together a ScubaFest downtown on Sept. 28.

Thx for the info ... I've actually been to one of their meetings and remember them discussing this event. Are you the one providing the nitrox course? The night I was there, there wasn't many people present at the meeting and not many people around my age, not that 's of any big significance. I should try it again, probably. Sounds like a fun way of meeting people. :cheers:

and welcome to the scubaboard. Hope you will join us diving before the Halloween dive.

Hey MermaidDivr...

You rock climb? I dabble in rappeling, and have the gear. Haven't done it in a year or so, but I'd be up for an outing! Never actually tried to "climb" up...I always walked up and jumped down!

What age are you? I'm 26, and always looking for someone to dive with. I'm just now getting gear and just got my c-card in July. This is a pretty cool group of people...Chad and JBD are great; I dive with them whenever possible! Hook up with us!

You will have to meet up with us and learn to "climb up" ... then "rap down". We go to The Red every Sunday, so anytime you feel up to joining us, you are more than welcome. Three out of the four in our group are OW certified and after this weekend (sinus infection ruined last weekend for him) one of us will be AOW certified. We in turn would love to meet all of you guys. I've got my group interested in the Halloween festivities at the quarry. I'm trying to get her on this board! I'm actually the "wisest" in our group, at 36, soon to be 37 in NOV. Our group ranges from 23 - me. One of the ladies is 27. We are all single, no kids, just dogs. I've yet to get my BCD and Reg ... been spending all my money on climbing equipment recently, but I'm getting there. My diving purchase this year was my 5mm XCEL thermoglide tridensity wetsuit. I really like it lots. I'm checking out the articles in this months and next months issues of SkinDiver on Regs. Just so many things to buy, places to go and to little $$$! :eek:ut:

I hear ya' on the $$$! I just bought all my gear used, but managed to get some descent stuff.

That would be really cool. I haven't "rapped" in a while...I wonder if I've still got the nerve to do it?! You'd have to start out small for me!

Keep track of us on the board and we'll get together at a dive outing, maybe at the Halloween dive. I'll be there if all goes well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom