hi everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaoren

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
i was reading the in boards for a while now and decided to start participating more.
i now live in guelph, canada, where i immigrated from germany more than 3 years ago.
i am diving since 4 1/2 years as frequently as i can,which is unfortunately not frequent enough :wink:
i learned scuba in the red sea and dove fresh water in germany, the mediterranian sea, atlantic canada and the great lakes.
i hope to be able to learn new things and communicate with diver.
since i just moved to guelph and i don't know any diver here, i was hoping to meet new dive buddies this way.
by the way, does someone know where you go diving when you live in guelph?

oren

No idea where to go to dive in Guelph (although I was born there!). But welcome to the board, from a little east of you, where the wreck diving is great in the 1000 islands!

Eric

EricDive:
No idea where to go to dive in Guelph (although I was born there!). But welcome to the board, from a little east of you, where the wreck diving is great in the 1000 islands!

Eric

thanks for the welcome.i moved to guelph about 2 month ago and i already understood that diving is very limited in and around guelph itself
i am looking for dive spots that are within 1-2 hours drive but more important i'm looking for people to go diving with :eyebrow:

Hi and welcome. I live next door in Kitchener (South end about 3 minutes from the 401). Boogie 711 and jrtonkin also in the area (and others). There's not too much real close except a quarry. Several within the 2 hour limit. That'll put you in Barrie for the JC MOrrison, Georgian Bay (Cedar Hill and others), Lake Erie (number of charters), Lake Huron (The Wexford) are the first ones that come to mind. Check out www.geodiving.com

thanks for the info groundhog.
i moved to guelph from chatham, where we were diving some of the sarnia wrecks and doing nice drift dives in the st. claire river looking for goodies. it should be about 2 hours drive as well. if anyone is interested to do these dives, please let me know and i'll be able to "guide" such a dive and i even know a lds in wallaceburg that would be open on sundays till noon.
otherwise, i would welcome any chance to join other diver whenever possible to get wet.
let me know if i could join anyone, anywhere in the near future.

I was hoping to go to Sarnia this summer and do some diving there.. a friend of mine lives there
my ex-girlfriend is from Wallaceburg. hearing that city name bring back memories :wink: I wouldnt want to dive in the Thames river.

let me know about sarnia and i'll join you if i can arrange it.
the lds in wallaceburg is very small but the people very nice and knowledgeble about many shore dives along the st. claire river and sarnia itself.
yes, oh dear memories :wink:

Back
Top Bottom