Hi from Amsterdam...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to see you here! Sorry I can't yet write in Nederlands...

Wonderful idea, Chiara. I hope we can have a good turn-out. I have some vacation in July, but haven't decided where to go. My 7-year old son will be spending three weeks with me then.

So when you are finished with your training, how would you like to give an AOW class?

Phil

Hi Watersprite and others!

Have just joined (see greetings and intro...)
I live and dive in Holland and would be glad to go diving with you and other board members sometime. Just give us a shout!
greetings,

K J

And one more welcome. This one from a Dutch descendant. My mother came here from Maastricht.

Hello and welcome from Seattle WA USA. I have been to Amsterdam more times than I can count. I really like the Dutch people. I hope you take the plunge into the cold of the North Sea. Let me know how it goes if you do.

Oups I haven’t checked this thread for a long time. I am surprised to see this thread coming on top of the introduction board again as I have been around for quite a while already! :) Anyhow, thanks for the new welcomes!

KJ, I wasn’t intentionally ignoring you, but apparently I had never noticed that you responded! I hope you’re still around and that you notice this reply!
If we’d like to organise some diving together with a group of people of Scubaboard, I guess the best place to post such things would be the European forum. (This introduction forum simply moves too fast to keep following it!) I may organise a dive trip in the Netherlands next spring or something. I’ll keep you posted on the European forum! Where about are you, by the way?

Kgdiver: what is so nice about Dutch people? I think they’re pretty rude actually! Seriously!! :)
To give you an update about my scuba diving here: this last summer I made my first dives in the Netherlands (in a freshwater lake Vinkeveen and in the North Sea in Zeeland).
I didn’t enjoy Vinkeveen at all as there wasn’t anything interesting to see besides some beer cans, a piece of grandma underwear and a wreck of a bus dumped by some scuba freaks who obviously felt very bored! :wink:
Zeeland was beautiful though, there was a lot of life to discover: many lobsters, crabs, etc. I’d love to continue diving, and in the Netherlands as well, but only when the water isn’t too cold (I’m the spoilt warm water type of diver I guess!) :)

regards,
Watersprite

Back
Top Bottom