Hi from Irving, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

t3nchi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Moved here about 2 months ago for work. Would like to get back into diving since I haven't been after getting certified for Open Water.

What are good dive shops that you like in the Dallas area? Also, know any sites that post dive meets where ppl can meet up to dive?

Anyway, hello.

Welcome to the Swamp t3nchi, you've found the right place! :D

I'll let the DFW Swamp Divers answer your question, but you're welcome to come down and dive w/ a bunch of us at Lake Travis in Austin if you can make it... :wink:

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

ScubaToys; real close from Irving - they're in Carrollton; 635 east to 35 north - Great Crew there

You have found the spot. There is going to be a mess of people over at CSSP in Terrell this weekend. If you can get your gear together on short notice you can head over there. I think the Adventure Scuba pavilion on the south end of the lake (other side of the trees from the air fill station) is going to be need-a-buddy central this weekend. Just look for us there! :)

Tiger Shark Scuba....Arlington Scuba....Surface Interval Scuba all still have theirs doors open in Arlington Tx..

Welcome. Some folk meet up at the dive site after posting here at TSD. Good luck...this is an active diving area.

Welcome to the Swamp t3nchi, you've found the right place! :D

I'll let the DFW Swamp Divers answer your question, but you're welcome to come down and dive w/ a bunch of us at Lake Travis in Austin if you can make it... :wink:

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Hey thanks. Coincidentally, Windy Point is where I got certified.

Thanks for all the dive shop suggestions, I'll check some of them out. Hope to find one I really like.

If you like being ignored when you go in, taking advanced open water with an instructor that doesn't even dive the whole weekend, or shopping at a place that churns out open water divers but doesn't give a crap about continuing divers, then by all means, pick Adventure Scuba out of Plano.

If you want a dive shop that has absolutely everything scuba imaginable at very competitive pricing, go hang out at Scuba toys. I don't personally know about classes there, but have never heard anything negative. Plus they have a cool webcam you can control and look around the store.

Have fun getting back into diving. There are surprisingly many places within a few hours of Dallas to dive, especially if you don't mind lower viz and night diving.

Kory

If you like being ignored when you go in, taking advanced open water with an instructor that doesn't even dive the whole weekend, or shopping at a place that churns out open water divers but doesn't give a crap about continuing divers, then by all means, pick Adventure Scuba out of Plano.

Come on Kory. Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom