Hi Guys :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello Buddies :)

I'm here in search of good packers and movers in town. I'm planning to settle in Manitoba to pursue my research project.

Our house is a big mess now as we used to run a saloon also in one of the rooms.My mommy got sick last week due to heavy snowfall. It's been too difficult to pack everything on my own without proper planning and there is no one else to help me around. I'm very much fond of pets which include a few cuddly bunnies, Aquarium and lovebirds. They are secure inside proper cages and crates though.My Aquarium is 50 gallons and holds an amazing red Arowana fish. I need to make sure that they are handled with utmost care while transporting through the Canadian moving Company.

Please share your reviews about a Canadian Moving Company so that my most cherished pets are handled safe and sound.My friends have suggested some but I don't know whether they are reliable or not.

Your Comments will be most appreciated!

Well, I've never used this exact company, but I have been in your position- though without the pets.

CMC looks like a subsidiary of Mayflower, a company who has packed for me before. But, what you should know is that these big companies are more like the general contractor, they oversee operations. They will likely sub-contract out the local pack up to a smaller local company using local hired day-labor. This company will pack you and move your stuff to a warehouse in a crate. There, Mayflower/CMC will pick it up, move it to your destination, and another local company will pick it up and deliver it, and possibly unpack if that's in your contract. Ask who will handle the local pack and unpack and use google, yelp, or whatever you have to evaluate them. If you're worried, have a friend come and help supervise.

Damages will occur. They will likely be small, but if it's a heirloom, or very important to you, pack it yourself. If it's small and valuable, pack it yourself. When the movers are there, walk from room to room, randomly, supervising. Talk to the workers, don't be stand-offish. No boxes should leave unless their supervisor has annotated it on the inventory sheet by number, and you check that it's on the list. Make sure all fragile stuff is so labeled. When damages occur, make sure it's annotated, and make sure it's documented. Get a copy of their claims paperwork and start it immediately. Unpack immediately- often you only have 3 days to open a damage claim but 30 days to finish and submit it.

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom