Hi! I am the new owner of Blue Angel Dive Shop, Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evalovescozumel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

My name is Eva Kristine and my husband and I are the new owners of Blue Angel Dive Shop and the Caribe Blue Hotel and the Rendez Blu restaurant.

I wanted to introduce myself and welcome any comments or questions that you may have regarding the resort.

We will be blending all three businesses into the Blue Angel Resort for ease and simplicity we went with Blue Angel as we are proud of the rich history of this small but mighty dive shop and the wonderful people that go with it.

We are working to make your stay and dives better than ever. Some of the changes that we have already completed is an 2 entirely new hot water systems. New hot water tanks and a solar water heating system that we are very proud of. I believe there were some issues with the hot water in the hotel but they now have been totally rectified.

We have more than doubled the size of the restaurant palapas and are expecting new tables and chairs any day now...we are also offering a fresh sheet menu (every night a few choices of fresh ingredient made into an interesting small menu and serve it with soup and or salad with dessert for a reasonable price. ) People staying at the hotel have really liked it as it gives them a choice to just relax and hang out at the hotel or go into town..we also serve drinks in the evening and have music in the lobby and restaurant now. Our drinks are really reasonable and Louis and Marta serve a wicked marguarita with fresh squeezed lime juice served in a large fishbowl glass for $4.us

Anyways, when I heard there were comments regarding the new owners and changes, I thought I should introduce myself....so...if I welcome your comments and/or questions, should you have any..and happy diving!!!

I was at the hotel with a group from Houston the weekend you took over at the end of October. Got a good laugh seeing the furniture get moved around. Seriously I love the place and will be back at the end of May. Glad the water system is getting fixed. That was my only real complaint about the place.

thank you very much...we are lovin' every minute of it!

by the way,,,,i pulled a hilary swank and didnt mention that my husband's name is Robert and he (in my humble opinion) is a great guy, very fun to talk to...
and i should have remembered to say his name! haha

Nice to see you here. I often recommend the hotel & will drop by in Feb to shoot new photos if that's OK. Larry.

I plan on traveling to Cozumel and my look into maybe staying and diving with you guys. Welcome Eva oh and your husband, Robert, too.

Congrats Eva (and Robert)!

We have stayed their twice and find it unbeatable for....

- clean rooms
- good dive shop on site (great boats, DM, staff)
- restaurant on site
- good value (price vs. amenities)
- friendly service
- pool
- walking distance to town
- shore diving/pier

The only *slight* drawbacks that we ever felt were having to run up for coffee (one cup at a time) at the restaurant, and the (sometimes) long waits at the restaurant. Sounds like those have been improved, so there you go!

If we weren't going to try Bonaire this Spring, we'd make it 3 years in a row at CB, now to be referred to as BAR (Blue Angel Resort). :wink:

My vote is to keep the charm and value that we all have come to know and love....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom