Hi there dive computer enthusiasts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVEWATCHDOCTOR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
In 2013 I moved permanently into the US and settled in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I 've been a diver for a long time (more than I can remember), and also I 've been fortunate to dive in many of the best places around the world. I am an electrical engineer by training and for the past 10 years I owned and run a dive computer and dive watch service and maintenance shop in Venezuela. I have just opened a similar shop here in Fort Lauderdale, to provide the same dive computer service, battery change and maintenance to the US diving community. In our shop we have specialized Swiss equipment and tools to open, close and waterproof all computers to 165 feet (50 MTS). We are totally brand independent and are able to service almost every brand and model of dive computer and dive watch. We will participating as often as we can in the forum Dive Computers/Equipment of Scuba, trying to help and orient all Scubaboard members posting questions. Also, we can assist in providing free copies of most dive computer user manuals to those members who need them, as well as indicating the correct O-ring size for most computers in the market and answering questions about batteries. Those of you who would want to know more about us can find the information on our website: www.divewatchdoctor.com

Congrats on the new location! Do you do any refurb sales or repair/service only?

In our shop we have specialized Swiss equipment and tools to open, close and waterproof all computers to 165 feet (50 MTS).

165ft waterproofing doesn't seem like much for a dive computer, does it?

Congrats on the new location! Do you do any refurb sales or repair/service only?

We do not do any refurb sales at this time. Service and repair only.

---------- Post added September 9th, 2015 at 02:35 PM ----------

ft waterproofing doesn't seem like much for a dive computer, does it?

Although it could theoretically happen, in 10 years of changing dive computer batteries we have never seen a computer passing the 165 feet test and then fail at a deeper depth. We can waterproof any computer beyond the recreational limits up to 100 meters (330 feet), if the client is willing to pay the extra cost. This test takes longer time because any computer you bring to that depth will go into deco right away and then you have to respect the deco stops as the chamber is depressurized.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom