Hi there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick-kira

Registered
Reaction score
I am new here. And I want to ask a question, is there anybody who dove the 'Cut' in Whytecliff Park in August, 2005?

Me neither, wasn't certified in 2005. Curious as why you ask about a Friday from 6 years ago? Did something happen then?

I know the 'CUT' is a popular diving spot and you guys often dive the cut.
6 years ago I visited Vancouver with my son, we went to Whytecliff Park, my son got tripped up by a quite large stone near the 'Cut', and he just threw it down a slope(please see the first attachment, my son said he threw the stone at the place marked with black cross) . The slope is about 6 to 7 meters high. Recently he told me that after he threw it, he was afraid that he might have hit somebody on head and even killed somebody. I have contacted the local police and they said no serious injury was reported in Whytecliff park. However, my son is still worrying about it. I told him that if he had hit somebody, he should hear a scream, my son said he did not hear any scream after he threw it, but he insisted that it is possible that someone may not scream after being hit. He even thought coyotes could have cleaned up the body. I just can't help him and I can see he can't concentrate in his study. I am so worried. If I can show my son that someone dove the 'Cut' in August and he didn't notice anything strange, I think that will be able to clam him down. Any divers did dive the Cut in August, 2005?

Messed up post..

Anyways, if you/son didnt see any bubbles anywhere around the area where the stone was thrown, its ok.. probably killed some starfish/sponges/ maybe a seal.. but probably not a diver. The chances are extremely slim.

lesson learned, don't throw rocks or crap in a protected area.

or... you can get your son certified, take him to the cut, throw him in and let him discover for himself :p

Not to try and make light of something that might be serious, at least for someone - but this sort of seems like a troll?

harass divers on a message board?
the casual encounters in craigslist is wayyyy more entertaining to troll around.

Sorry guys I am serious..
askdjasd , my son threw the stone near the stair...he just worried he might hit somebody near the stair, not in water.

if anyone here dove the Cut in August/September, 2005. please, please contact me

Back
Top Bottom