HID 18 W vs. 10W Comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
I dove with a fella using a Halcyon 18w and the Halcyon reflector and didn't notice a big difference between that and my 21w with the EKPP reflector.

Seriously, I have new Helious 9 18 W and the light head looks just like the EKPP. Do they make them for Halcyon?

No... Halcyon just copied the EKPP and extended the hood. Look at your reflector... it has a number three stamped on it. The EKPP reflector doesn't.

Uncle Pug:
I mean a little 10w with the genuine EKPP blows the Halcyon 18w away!
Uncle Pug:
Ben... seriously... I'm just running my stick along the cell bars of the all those poor souls imprisoned by the need to have *the* latest~n~greatest / brightest~n~best.
Grrrr - I was looking at snaffling another stealthdive canister before they close down, and putting an 18W head on it, but when I read that comment about the EKPP I was thinking that maybe a new reflector is all I need. Will be doing some cavern/sinkhole training over here in '05 and wanted a bigger light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom