High 02 meter read out on KISS Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
During my predive check on my KISS Sport when I turned the meters all 3 read around 0.51. After several minutes of trying I could only tweek them to about 0.39. I removed the sensor pod and all 3 meters dropped to reading about 0.197 and I easily tweeked the read outs to 0.210 ish. When I put the sensor pad back in place the read outs in less than a couple of minutes had climbed back up to the 0.51 range. I made sure the O2 bottle was turned off and purged the system with DIL (straight air) and got the same results. Over 24 hours later with the unit having sat with both DIL and O turned off I got the same scenario. The batteries have only a few hours on them and the sensors are less than 6 months old with shamefully few dive hours on them. The unit is stored with absorbent in the canister in a dry un-air conditioned garage (it does get hot in there) with DSV set for OC with a plastic baggie on the mouth piece. I am going to move the unit to be inside the house (sorry honey) for storage. When I removed the sensor pod there was no sign of water or moisture in the pod.

I have not had this happen before. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this?

Thanks

Doug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom