High mounting for Transpac II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raviepoo once bubbled...
Leadweight,

I use a pair of ankle weights on my back. Together they wiegh 3.3 lbs. One goes on each side, in the spots where the Dive Rite trim weights are supposed to go.

I'm sure you can get ankle weights that weigh 1.5 lbs a piece.

I had not thought about that one. What are you using to attach the ankle weights to the harness? Of course that gets back to whether I want to pack another 3.3 lbs in my suitcase as 90% of my diving involves air travel.

Hi all,
I have been diving with a TP II + rec wing for a while now and love it.
When diving with single tank +pony i have a DR clipper pocket on the top cam band to trim and balance pony .The rest of the wieght i spead between the belt and DR wieght pockets. The wieght pockets i have them pushed back as far as they can go on the waist strap which puts them slightly under the wing ,i also put a weight retainer(black) on the strap so the pockets stay put, this also gives me a better fit from the TPII.
I have just got hold of two steel twin sets which i am now trying to work out how to configure .i am not sure how it converts in tank size but i have one set of 7 ltr 's and a set of 10 ltr's both 232 wp manifolded and banded. For the 7's i purchased the long cam bands from DR and this feel very stable ,i am doing a wieght check and trim check in the pool tonight .The 10's i have not tried and they look a bit heavy for the cam bands ,i have the stablising plates which you can use to attach to the steel bands but i am yet to have a go yet.
Any one tried this ? is it stable enough ? any one used a TPII with doubles?

Regards,

MAL..

I have been wondering some of the same things myself.

- I just got my transpac II (sat.) Being my first back inflate its going to take some getting used to. The one problem I am encountering so far is that the Mounting for things like the computer and alt. 2nd stage are higher than I am used to. (was using scubapro rental glide plus.)
- My first dive I put the weight pockets in place and used the crotch strap, i didin't even notice it. But I had problems figuring out where to hook things...I digress...
- I also noticed the tank has to be mounted with the top cam band about to be sliding over the brink of the curve of the tank, glad to be reassured that its normal.
___
My question for those who use pockets with the TPII which one is a favorite? Is one of them useless etc. Experience is the best teacher..

leadweight once bubbled...
I don't use any pockets other than for weighting. Whatever I take along has to have a small clip or boltsnap to attach to a D-ring.

Looks like a Christmas Tree :wink:

Just goofin with ya lead

Anyhow.. Since all the Tech guys here in SoCal use the thing. I had a bit of help getting it set up properly.

The shoulder strap adjustment is what made all the difference in my setup. I was having problems with the 1st stage hitting my head with the tank as low as I could get it. Only when using a single tank obviously.

When we first set it up, we didn't take into account that I'm 6'5", so adjusting the straps was all that was needed.

I run my TPII with a REC wing with the bungee attached. I use the integrated weight pockets which have been modified by sewing on quick release clips (as a result of the velcro getting snagged in a cave entrance and loosing my weight). This is a mandatory modification in my opinion if you want to use the integrated weights. (I've been playing around with using a standard weight belt for Technical stuff)

I also use ONE pocket for all my small stuff slate/compass/backup knife/mask strap/ whistle. (yes it's alot of junk but nice to have when needed)

I also use two retractors. One for my backup gauges. The other for my small light.

I use the D Clips for main light / reels / octo / sausage / and deco gas if needed.

I wrap one around each end of the cylindrical ankle wieght and pull them TIGHT so there's no chance that they will come off. Then I thread another tie wrap through to make a loop which gets connected to the rings on the back of the Transpac.

And yes, it adds 3.3 lbs to my luggage. That's what rolling suitcases are for.

leadweight once bubbled...

I had not thought about that one. What are you using to attach the ankle weights to the harness? Of course that gets back to whether I want to pack another 3.3 lbs in my suitcase as 90% of my diving involves air travel.

raviepoo once bubbled...
I wrap one around each end of the cylindrical ankle wieght and pull them TIGHT so there's no chance that they will come off. Then I thread another tie wrap through to make a loop which gets connected to the rings on the back of the Transpac.

And yes, it adds 3.3 lbs to my luggage. That's what rolling suitcases are for.

Hmmmmm....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom