steel tanks clipped on Xdeep Stealth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always used the drop D's for my 85's (and top bungee). I have 2 sets of fixed Drings for AL80's when i'm in mexico.

Hello,

Do not make a dogma out of where to clip your tanks. You want them in the end to be parallel to your body.

Whether this will be achieved by clipping them to the D drop-ring, a fixed D-Ring or a sliding D-ring does not really matter. The best attachment point depends on many factors, the buoyancy of your tanks, the length of the lower attachment point, the tension on the upper attachment point, the width of your body aso.

Best wishes Jens

Hello,

Do not make a dogma out of where to clip your tanks. You want them in the end to be parallel to your body.

Whether this will be achieved by clipping them to the D drop-ring, a fixed D-Ring or a sliding D-ring does not really matter. The best attachment point depends on many factors, the buoyancy of your tanks, the length of the lower attachment point, the tension on the upper attachment point, the width of your body aso.

Best wishes Jens
You're right. I'm not looking for dogmas. Just to draw on experience by other divers who went before me and are more experienced than me. Been using the square drop D rings at the back so far, will try sliding D-rings from Piranha next. If I'm not 100% satisfied I'll probably get other sliding D rings or try with 2 pairs of fixed D rings. The tweaks and trials are endless. 😂

Hello

I tried sliding Apeks clones on a Razor. They are good for aluminum but they did not hold steel tanks in place. I ended up with the micro sliding d-rings buckles from Audrey Cudel.

Best wishes Jens

Hello

I tried sliding Apeks clones on a Razor. They are good for aluminum but they did not hold steel tanks in place. I ended up with the micro sliding d-rings buckles from Audrey Cudel.

Best wishes Jens
I switched to her nano Sideslides recently and love them! I'd been using the Dive Rite sliding d-rings, but they were starting to chew up the webbing. They worked for heavy steels, though, unlike several other options I tried first.

With steels drop Ds as far back as I can put them. Also have buttplate but use it for spools, dsmb, reel, ...
Whay works for one does not necessarily work for others because people come in different shapes and sizes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom