High Resolution Aerial Photo of Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saturation

Medical Moderator
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hello All:

I'm trying to find a high resolution photo online, capable of resolving 1m or less, that is to see houses, roads, trees, shoreline ... of Little Cayman.

Currently, a reasonably priced product for individuals with stellar satellite images mixed with maps, and diagrams plus much more, is earth.google.com

However, when I zoom into Little Cayman, compared to images anywhere in the USA, the resolution of the images is far larger than 1m. I can barely see the surface terrain.

Google has options for pay and Pro versions, and wondering if anyone has a copy?

Currently there is an offering for a printed map by Satellite Art. However, I need an electronic map because I am currently doing a mapping project that requires a lot of drafts.

http://satelliteart.com/

Can anyone send me a high resolution map, or a sample section off, Little Cayman, and if there is a charge to let me know? If there is a higher res image within earth.google.com please send me a copy of that photo: just hit the PrtScrn button on your PC while viewing the image, go to any drawing program, create a new image, paste the clipboard here, save it as a jpg, and send it to me so I can subscribe to the appropriate version.

http://earth.google.com/

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Have you tried contacting the Lands and Survey office of the Cayman Islands government? If anyone has such data, I would suspect they would know.

Cayman Lands and Survey Office

They do have the Cayman Street atlas online with quite detailed maps, but I don't think its to the 1m resolution you want. Still its the best detailed map of the Caymans I've ever found online.

Cayman Street Atlas

The problem that you're dealing with is that Google Earth most likely has the best that's available. Unless the Cayman govt. commissions a higher res. satellite pass - which can't be cheap. I had a similar question about another area recently and was told that was likely the reason for the poor quality.

Many thanks for these excellent leads folks. They are very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom