high wattage hid questions..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

California Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
a question for all that uses the 18-21watt hids. how tight is the focus of your beam, i would really like to find a way to get mine tighter,im thinking about buying the ekpp reflector, anyone else have similar focus issues with your light?

Hi Cali diver

I don't have a HID yet. I was thinking about getting the 21w Dive-Rite.

I haven't heard about any focusing issues. What brand is your light??

The 18-21w will not focus as tightly as a 10w even with an EKPP. It is a much bigger beam of light. If you want a smaller beam get the 10w.

I have a GreenForce 10 watt HID, it's awesome. They also have a 21 watt HID impact resistent bulb. It's a great system, best I have seen yet.

Greg... you have nine posts on ScubaBoard at this point and so far all of them have be hawking Manta products. Are you employed by or affiliated in any way with Manta?

Please fill in your user profile. Thank you.

no just the proud owner of a new light

That I have had for about 5 years. I use Halcyon wings, twin steel 120's, andy's tri lam dry suit all scuba pro regs jet fins w/ spring straps (manta)!

California Diver:
a question for all that uses the 18-21watt hids. how tight is the focus of your beam, i would really like to find a way to get mine tighter,im thinking about buying the ekpp reflector, anyone else have similar focus issues with your light?

I use a GreenForce Impact 100 (21 watt) and it has a 24 degree spread. I've been toying with the idea of slipping a tube over the light, extending beyond the lens by 3-4 inches. Maybe even having the inside of the tube lined with a smooth metal foil so that all the light will be utilized.

Sounds a bit kooky but can anybody tell if this idea might work?

ive ownded 10 watt and now my 21 watt, even though the beam isnt as tight it still penetrates further, but if i could get the 21 watt beam as tight as the 10 imagine how far that would penetrate, proud owner of salvo lights

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom