Hiking Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be game for Monadnock. Camping somewhere would be a blast too, but I'd have to pass on that - my sleeping bag isn't up to snuff for this time of year and a new one isn't in the books for now.

-Roman.

I don't know how fast you drive, but going 75 on the interstate takes me over 5 hours to get to Mount Desert Island from Boston. Baxter is farther still.

gmbaker once bubbled...
Baxter is a bit of a ride, but we would be guarenteed to only be there with the die hards. There might even be snow by the time we put this together.

Bar Harbnor is another option as well. I have camped there and done a bunch of hikes that as well.

I think both of these are 3-4 hrs drive. Maybe we should just camp for the wknd. any takers......

Thanks for the suggestions!

I did a little homework and thought that Mt. Tom would be a good place for us to do a decent 1-day hike.

Here's a website with directions: http://www.state.ma.us/dem/parks/mtom.htm

This saturday is supposed to be a beautiful day and perfect for hiking so I figure we can meet at the visitors center (Easthampton entrance) at 9am and decide which trail to hike.

Anybody up for this?

Just when I thought the season was over we get a break. I'm making up for last Saturday and will try to spend this one in the water. Would've loved to join you guys for a hike, though. Maybe next weekend if anyone is still up for that?

-Roman.

I'm tempted to go diving it's still too cold for my wetsuit. I think you can handle the cold better than me. Perfect weather for hiking though.

Hope you and Roman have fun!

I do indeed drive quite fast, but not fast enough to make the trip to Baxter 3-4hrs. You are correct, it is at least 5-7 hrs depedning on where in Baxter. Besides, I am not up for getting eaten by a bear.....

MSilvia once bubbled...
I don't know how fast you drive, but going 75 on the interstate takes me over 5 hours to get to Mount Desert Island from Boston. Baxter is farther still.

yes of course. I spent 15 days in Banff earlier this year and saw 3 bears and a few moose, none of which tried to eat me :)
raxafarian once bubbled...

you are kidding, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom