Hin Daeng/Muang Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting ready for my third trip to LOS and was wondering if anyone was aware of something like a 2 day liveaboard covering the southern Andaman sites, and where it left from. Also, I was wondering how the condition of Hin Daeng/Muang was since the last time I dived them (11 years ago). I understand there was some kind of coral die off in recent years. Thanks. Also, if there are no boats how long would daily trips be from a place like Lanta.

Since you mention 'getting ready' I presume you are leaving shortly? Hin Daeng, Hin Muang and Koh Haa are all part of a national park which is closed at the moment and won't reopen till 15 October.

Really nice diving there though last season.

If you're talking after 15 October there are a few options for you, leaving from either Lanta or Phuket.

Hi, Hin Daeng and Muang are great dives as are the Koh Haa islands. Koh Haa is part of the marine park area's and as such closed to diving until the 15th of October, this means that liveaboards cannot run to Hin Daeng either as they use these islands as a stop off area for extra dives and shelter if the weather turns.
We run a 3 day and night trip to the south andaman during the high season which is 11 dives in total covering this area leaving from Phuket. But in the green season here we are offering Phi Phi liveaboards only due to the restrictions on the diving at Koh Haa.
Let me know the dates you are here and I can give you details of what is on offer at that time.
The south andaman has great diving and the corals are in good condition we had great trips there last season.

For me "getting ready" to go to Thailand means it's 6-7 months out. I stay for about a month and like to get all my reservations early so as not to get shut out. I will be there next February. Any liveaboard options for the southern dive sites would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, there are options that time of year, but not many. There are of course more options to Similans, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock, with especially the latter 3 excellent diving as well the last 2 years, and Similans is still worth a few days as well.

But down south, for a short trip check out Giamani, luxurious boat offering 2 days trips, Giamani liveaboard diving Phuket and Similans Thailand with Thailand Liveaboards (thailand-scuba.com). For a longer trip, 3 days, check out Scuba Adventure, Scuba Adventure liveaboard diving Phuket and Similans Thailand with Thailand Liveaboards (thailand-scuba.com), kore basic but excellent value. Both boats leaving from Phuket.
Not my favourite but leaving from Koh Lanta is Flying Seahorse, Lanta Diving Safaris - Liveaboard diving in the Andaman Sea, Thailand - Ko Lanta.

Hope this helps you again,
Steven

As Steven says Feb next year there are many options to fit different budgets.

Our boat runs a 3 day and night trip to the south with 11 dives, this can be combined with the 4 day and night Similan and Richelieu trip too so 7 days diving with 25 dives, great value for money and only 12 guests on board so not crowded. We have an early bird offer on if you book with us before the end of July too.....

Contact me for more information if this is what you are after.

Giamani also run out of Phuket but a 2 day and night trip, with 7 dives. Less time to dive the far south area as you need to be back to Phi Phi on the 2nd night. Good if you only have 2 days though. Price is more than for our boat even though a day less, but it is a bit more luxury as an option.

You can dive hin daeng/muang easily from Koh lanta. Be sure to take a speed boat from the southern end of the island (1 hr boat ride) and not a slow boat from the saladang up north (4 hour ride). From lanta can also dive Koh haa, koh bida, and all the other sites around phi phi.

ive never done a live aboard in south andaman, but it would be nice to do some night dives at koh haa I bet, which is only done by live aboard.

Thanks for the responses. I prefer a liveaboard to land based because I really don't want to travel 1 hour each way from Lanta. I think I'll stick to the southern site as the last time I dived the similan I really didn't like it as much as the first time I dived it. I will look into the 2 day options listed on this thread. Does anyone know how much $$$ a single supplement would be?

If you're willing to share a cabin there is no single supplement. If you'd like a private cabin it will almost double the trip price.

Depends on the boat, Most have a 80 to 90% surcharge if you want a single cabin, if you are ok to share then no supplement is needed. Our 3 day trip South we have a 50% single supplement if you want a private cabin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom