history question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bernwald

Registered
Reaction score
Question for all you old timers:) I’m putting together a mostly hogarthian rig for singles recreational diving (for now) and I’m looking at the standard setup and puzzled by one thing. The cable for the main light cross under the chest from right hip to left hand, (closer to the chest than the long hose) this seems a bit odd. It would seem to make more sense to me to have that cable stay on one side of the body and not cross the long hose. Of course one wouldn't want the light in the right hand as it would get in the way of air sharing and general work with predominantly right handed folks. And one also wouldn't want the battery on the left as it would cause hella issues with stages. So as Bill Main was putting all this together was the light just the last bit that he just stuck where it kinda worked or is there some greater reason I can't see.

Question for all you old timers:) I’m putting together a mostly hogarthian rig for singles recreational diving (for now) and I’m looking at the standard setup and puzzled by one thing. The cable for the main light cross under the chest from right hip to left hand, (closer to the chest than the long hose) this seems a bit odd. It would seem to make more sense to me to have that cable stay on one side of the body and not cross the long hose. Of course one wouldn't want the light in the right hand as it would get in the way of air sharing and general work with predominantly right handed folks. And one also wouldn't want the battery on the left as it would cause hella issues with stages. So as Bill Main was putting all this together was the light just the last bit that he just stuck where it kinda worked or is there some greater reason I can't see.
STage bottles go on the left side...Canister would be in the way there. Right hand is trigger hand for scooter. Left hand is free for light with goodman handle.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom