Hockey Talk 2007- 2008 Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odds from Vegas on the Blackhawks winning the 2008 Stanley Cup last week were 80 to 1 so i put $ 10 on them. We Blackhawks Fan s want a Cup this Year.:popcorn: :popcorn:

I'm happy with what the HABS have done this offseason, got rid of dead weight ( Souray, Niminaa, Samsonov, Bonk, Johnson, Abby), brought in some veteran leadership that is defensively responsible ( Hamerlik, Smolinski), and left room for the kids that just won the Calder Cup. Should be a great year.
Can't wait to get tickets and head up to Montreal for a game this fall. GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
I'm happy with what the HABS have done this offseason, got rid of dead weight ( Souray, Niminaa, Samsonov, Bonk, Johnson, Abby), brought in some veteran leadership that is defensively responsible ( Hamerlik, Smolinski), and left room for the kids that just won the Calder Cup. Should be a great year.
Can't wait to get tickets and head up to Montreal for a game this fall. GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!
C-Dawg

Souray was the best defenceman they had. Far from deadweight.

jiveturkey:
Souray was the best defenceman they had. Far from deadweight.
Souray was a defensive liability and nowhere near as good as Markov or Kommy. He made more highlight reels for having forwards deek him out of his socks than he did for scoring goals. With Souray acting like a human pylon, and Abby giving up rebounds like they're free tickets to the circus last season, the Habs goals against should go down by 50 goals this year. I stand by my statement, Souray was DEADWEIGHT! We are far better off without him.
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
Souray was DEADWEIGHT! We are far better off without him.
C-Dawg
Don't hold back! Tell us what your really think C-Dawg.

It just does not matter this year. Habs are, at best, third in the division.

tedtim:
Don't hold back! Tell us what your really think C-Dawg.

It just does not matter this year. Habs are, at best, third in the division.
Sad thing is, I liked Souray, but he wasn't an All Star as the media said he was. He was a defenseman who was weak defensively and needed to be paired with a strong defensive D-man who could cover his liabilities. He had 2 things going for him, he had a booming, accurate slapshot, and he was a great team mate who stuck up for the smaller guys on the team, and would be the face of the team and talk to the media after the game, regardless of the games outcome. For those two things, I liked Souray, but he wasn't worth the money he thought he was, and a lot of other teams agreed. Thats why it took so long for him to sign a contract. If Edmonton hadn't been stoned on every other deal they tried to make, Lowe wouldn't have felt the need to sign a "name" and give Souray what he did. Way too much money for what he brings to the table, but hey, I wish him the best and thank him for his time in MTL.
As for the current HABS team, Buffalo and Ottawa have lost a lot, Toronto and MTL have gained. While I think the Northeast is a four horse race, I wouldn't even start to consider where the four will fall at this point of the year, but believe it'll be closer than it was last year. Personally, I'd prefer it that way, it keeps it interesting. Also, it wouldn't surprise me to see all 4 teams make the playoffs.
C-Dawg

I dont even have to think positive....The Red Wings.....Self Explanatory....Even in chicago they are cheered for more than the blackhawks.....it was embarassing....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom