HOG D1 and D1 COLD 5th Port Upgrade is available!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
EDGE is pleased to announce that the much anticipated HOG D1 and D1 Cold 5th LP Port Upgrade is now available!
The upgrade kit is available from any EDGE and HOG dealer and the suggested retail for the KIT ONLY is $34.99. Labor for installation is at the discretion/shop rates of the dealers.
Due to important torque specifications it must be installed by a EDGE Dealer or certified HOG TDI Service Course Graduate.
The use of the HOG D1 and D1 Cold 5th LP Port Upgrade with non HOG regulators is neither warranted nor tested.
SPECIAL UPGRADE OFFER FOR OWNERS OF OLDER HOG D1 AND D1 COLD WITHOUT 5TH PORT
Upon presentation of proof of purchase of a HOG D1 or D1 Cold you will be eligible to purchase a 5th port upgrade kit at a special price of $12.50 until August 30th, 2010. That does not include applicable installation labor charges.
For HOG divers who are unable to use a EDGE dealer for the upgrade you can have the upgrade installed by EDGE for a flat fee of $29.99 which includes Ground UPS return shipping in the continental US (outside continental US add $10)

You can ship the first stage(s) and include a copy of proof of purchase to:

EDGE- HOG UPGRADE PROGRAM
5208 Mercer University Drive
Suite “E”
Macon, Ga 31210

yay!

How do I tell my LDS (that I got HOG regs from) about this special upgrade offer? (I would like all 3 upgraded.)

I am assuming that my LDS will get the parts from you. Or do I need to send proof of purchase to you to send me kit?

Basically I was hoping to just say my LDS (DS in CLT) to order 3 kits from you under this upgrade program (they have all the records of my purchase) and then have them fix it.

yay!

How do I tell my LDS (that I got HOG regs from) about this special upgrade offer? (I would like all 3 upgraded.)

phone, email, fax???:D

phone, email, fax???:D

LOL!

I edited my original post since then.

So all I just tell them to order from you on this special deal I guess :)

Is there a part #?

Great deal!!! We will be honoring this for anyone that wants to mail us their regs. Although, we can not include return shipping like Chris is. That is a great deal from Chris for $30 including return shipping!!

We will install the plug for free for anyone that purchases and sends us their regulator, but you will be responsible for return shipping. I would probably send them back to Chris as that is an unbelievable offer for the upgrade!!

When we get ours in stock, we will have a video that we will put online. Anyone looking to do the upgrade themselves, please PM or email your receipt (unless you got it from us) so we can honor and order yours at the lower price

Honestly, I find it kinda disappointing that you require someone to have taken the service class to be able to do this conversion....

...considering you said:

overall easy, torque wrench is required.

best,

Chris

....which pretty much implies that it's a simple DIY kinda thing, assuming one has a torque wrench. I'm okay (supportive, even) with requiring people take the class to service the regs, but I find this kinda silly. Just my opinion.

Honestly, I find it kinda disappointing that you require someone to have taken the service class to be able to do this conversion....

...considering you said:

....which pretty much implies that it's a simple DIY kinda thing, assuming one has a torque wrench. I'm okay (supportive, even) with requiring people take the class to service the regs, but I find this kinda silly. Just my opinion.

It is easy, but the torque wrench IS required. I don't want people not using one and then having issues. getting it wrong can certainly cause problems.

What would you suggest?

Hats off to Chris and Edge for making this deal available! Indian Valley Scuba will make this conversion, at no labor cost, to anyone who brings or ships their reg's in to the shop - and that includes FREE shipping back to you! Just purchase the 5th port upgrade kit at a special price of $12.50. The free shipping part of this deal is limited to the continental U.S. only.

This applies to the SPECIAL EDGE UPGRADE OFFER FOR OWNERS OF OLDER HOG D1 AND D1 COLD WITHOUT 5TH PORT. Of course we'll need to see that proof of purchase of your HOG D1 or D1 Cold, and that makes you eligible to purchase a 5th port upgrade kit at a special price of $12.50 until August 30th, 2010. And there is no charge for the installation labor.

...considering you said:

You don't need to have taken the course to install :wink: You will want a torque wrench though. Don't worry about shipping them anywhere...when we get the parts in stock, we will create a video to show you how to properly do it :D Why waste time shipping it all over the country...grab your torque wrench or borrow one, then put this adapter in.

It's dive season...we don't have the time to install hundreds of these things and you don't want to be without yours as you too would rather dive. So, we can both dive sooner if we show you how to do it :wink: That's what it is all about.

It is easy, but the torque wrench IS required. I don't want people not using one and then having issues. getting it wrong can certainly cause problems.

What would you suggest?

People who own regs and want to work on them should be responsible. Personally, I would tell them that a torque wrench is required and give the specifications.

And if they decide to ignore your warnings, then tough **** for them....they'll have to send them back to a dealer (or manufacturer) to be fixed at their own expense.

That's my thought. Divers are grown ups and should be held responsible for their actions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom