Hog D1 cold water - direction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just for the sake of completeness, the red cover everyone is talking about isn't the diaphragm - it's the environmental seal. The diaphragm is well below that in the barrel of the reg.

And I keep my environmental seal pointing up. :)

-Adrian

OK, OK. It is a diaphragm * A flexible membrane separating two chambers and fixed around its periphery that distends into one or other chamber as the difference in the pressure in the chambers varies.* that is uused this this case to seal and transfer ambient pressure. :wink:
Semantics and just adds confusion for some. See the quote above. Though by definition the red cover may be a form of a "diaphragm", as stated above it is not "the diaphragm" that is commonly referred to when discussing a regulator. Oh, and BTW, I have several regulators where the environmental seal is actually a piece of hard plastic.
[emoji2]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom