HOG D1 vs D2 Service Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

betti154

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone confirm the differences between the HOG D1 and D2 service kits?

I'm asking as I've got some D1 regs and would like to replace my other Apeks kit with D2's. My driver here was to have uniform parts across the board, and as we know availability/cost of apeks parts are a joke.

I then went to buy some first stage service kits as spares and was surprised there was a difference. Ideally I'd just like to hold HOG 1st+2nd stage kits, and replacing a generic apeks one for D1 and D2 kits makes no sense (so I'm questioning the move).

Kind Regards,
Damien

I'm aware of the function difference, but am trying to understand why there are two kits.

Are the insides the same (like the apeks models) or are they effectively different regs. I've heard the latter but would like to confirm.

I STRONGLY recommend you do not use Apeks service kits in HOG or EDGE regulators. My regs are NOT made by Apeks, their regs rae not made where mine are and there are differences.

There are two kits because there are two regs, and they don't both use the same exact service items

I STRONGLY recommend you do not use Apeks service kits in HOG or EDGE regulators. My regs are NOT made by Apeks, their regs rae not made where mine are and there are differences.

There are two kits because there are two regs, and they don't both use the same exact service items

Hi, I'm not suggesting that.

What I'm asking is whether the hog d1 and d2 share the same set of parts as I want to get to a place where all my regs use the same parts. I was surprised to see that there are separate service kits for the d1 and d2, or is this because they're totally different on the inside.

I'm thinking of Getting rid of all my apeks for hog replacements, but want both the d1 and d2 first stages for various purposes.

Back
Top Bottom