HOG prices going up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lil_mac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I have a question for Edge/Hog or any of it's dealers:

Are Hog Regs and other gear going to go up in price?

I own multiple regs and wings from Hog because of the low price and availability of parts. Me biggest fear is that once the name is in every dive shop, the price will go up to be comparable with Apeks, and other popular brands. If this is going to be the case, what would the advantage be with sticking with HOG? I love the products and PRICES...but I am scared the cost will go up.

Any help on this subject would be great! :D

Hello,

I have a question for Edge/Hog or any of it's dealers:

Are Hog Regs and other gear going to go up in price?

I own multiple regs and wings from Hog because of the low price and availability of parts. Me biggest fear is that once the name is in every dive shop, the price will go up to be comparable with Apeks, and other popular brands. If this is going to be the case, what would the advantage be with sticking with HOG? I love the products and PRICES...but I am scared the cost will go up.

Any help on this subject would be great! :D

you will see some price increases, I've already had some. When I put the prices up it reflects increased cost of product.

I have no intention of putting the prices up just because I can, or because the product is in more shops. If anything I would be in more shops now if I raised the prices.....

High value, High Quality is my goal, pretty simple actually. I don't price by heavily factoring to what others are pricing a "comparable" product to, I price according to my cost and my profit needs. That is a unusual approach in the dive industry and the reason why with many of my products you see such value.

The service parts issue...well that is what it is.:D

Oh, by the way, there have also been price reductions on many products as well, as many at least as increases!

Copy that!

Thanks for the info. I have not seen anything go down in price except the plates but I will be on the lookout.

Thanks again for the reply …. and please continue to keep costs down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom