HOG Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teller

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am intrested in getting two of the D1 Regs with cold water first stages. My only concern is that I have heard several times that you have to tune the regs before you can use them because the first and second stages are not sold together. My question is how hard are they to tune? If I buy a first and second stage at the same time can they come ready to go? I know there is a bunch of books out there that will probaly tell me how to do it myself but is there some kind of video or place I can go to see just how its done? Thanks.

If you are going to purchase a few 1st stages and seconds, ask the shop you purchase these from to set them up for you. Its not that hard for them to do , and its also a nice sale for them.

Jim Breslin

I am intrested in getting two of the D1 Regs with cold water first stages. My only concern is that I have heard several times that you have to tune the regs before you can use them because the first and second stages are not sold together. My question is how hard are they to tune? If I buy a first and second stage at the same time can they come ready to go? I know there is a bunch of books out there that will probaly tell me how to do it myself but is there some kind of video or place I can go to see just how its done? Thanks.

I think the reason they are sold seperately is that gives the buyer better options.

For example, a tech diver might want to buy it with a 7ft hose instead of the standard hose that comes with it. Or they want a MiFlex hose instead of a standard hose.

so why include a hose at extra expense that might not be wanted? (and just has to be replaced?)

I just think that it's set up to make it more attractive to the diver who wants to customize their setup.

As for "tuning before use", any good LDS should check any reg setup for you when they set it up, regardless of whether the stages are sold together or seperate. They aren't hard to "tune", but you'll need an few tools and an intermediate pressure gauge to check the LP side. prob best just to have your LDS do it for you. They should include it in the sale price of the regulator. if not, we can prob reccomend a shop to you that will (include it with the sale)

Back
Top Bottom