Hola from Northern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canela SF

Reaction score
Greetings all...

I'm really happy to have found the scuba board. I was initially looking for information on a dive trip to Brazil (see my post under South American travel, in which I am begging for info)...and it looks like I've found a great forum for a lot of information. So, I hope to stick around.

A little about me: I'm from northern California, where we dive in the chilly, but gorgeous kelp forests. I've discovered the joys of warm water diving, too. Coming up on my 10th year of diving, and looking forward to another 40 or 50 years of it!

It's good to see another Northern Californian here, soon we will take over the world HAHAHA, or at least the scubaboard

Where are you from? :D =-) :D

Welcome to the board. :) Just curious. Why do californians refer to the San Francisco area as Northern California. Isn't San Francisco in the middle? Just curious. And welcome again. :D

If you look at a map, yes it is in the middle. But here is the skinny on how we Californians describe our state. San Diego to Santa Barbra is Southern California, or refferd to as down by Smell A. From Santa Barbra to Santa Cruz is the Central Coast. From Santa Cruz up is Northern Cali. Bakerfield and fresno are the armpits of California and Napa and Sonoma are in wine country. Californication is everywhere in Cali. :wacko:

Welcome from So. Calif.
Let us know if you are ever down this way and interested in diving our local waters. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom