Hola, TropicalDiver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to try sending her a private message rather than a shout out to the whole board. Then again, this might work too.

Hey there - that is DEFINITELY a way to get a response - LOL!!! :)

Anyway, this last trip was my third time to the Brac Reef Beach Resort and it was typical of my previous visits...

Water temp was around 81 degrees. First dive profile was typically max of 110' for 45 minutes, followed by late morning and post lunch (back on boat at !:45) dive profiles of 60' max for 50 minutes. Visibility was 100' to 200' - not as good as could be, but had a cold front come over island so the dive masters had to go to where the wind wasn't creating larger waves/poor visabilitly (driving around tip of island or down island, depending on day). All dives had a MINIMUM of 50' vis and that is conservative.

Saw TONS of small fish, two reef sharks (lured up by divemasters using a plastic bottle to simulate a grunt in distress), lots of queen conchs, one jewfish, about 10 large grouper and 5 large snappers...was kind of disappointed in the lack of larger fish there. Coral structure and swim-throughs in the coral were great! Tons of fun places to swim through and look up and see great structure!

As usual, we had 14 divers or so on a 43' Newton - nice dive boat. Dive staff brought BCs to the back of the boat for divers and changed over tanks and we got to leave BCs on the boat overnight. Full service diving - only needed to bring fins and mask to back of the boat - aside from yourself in the wetsuit. Dive staff were smart and professional and helpful/considerate.

Cool breeze at night - 70ish, so warm when sun comes out but cool in the evenings. Food at resort was very good - VERY nice desserts. Omlettes made to order in the morning, good lunches, and prime rib even one evening. Jacuzzi on premises. Hammocks available for afternoon siestas. Rooms were nice, AC, clean, etc.

One piece of advice, bring additional cocktails/mixers if you do drink, as bar bills can get quite pricey. There's not much else to do other than eat, sleep, dive, sleep, etc....so if you do drink in the evenings it adds up quickly. Not so much excluding visits to the bar, but supplementing....

Have phones and internet on premises. About 8 channels on TV. Very relaxing!!!!

PM me privately if anyone has more questions about resort or my experience. Would definitely recommend!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom