Hollis Elite shoulder strap issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have used a hog harness for the longest time with my drysuit. Recently I have been travelling with my BP/W so wanted something with adjustable straps as I switch my exposure protection from dry/wet.

Bought the Hollis Elite and for the life of me I can't get the left shoulder(when wearing) connected properly. According to the pdf instructions 3 layers of webbing needs to go through this keeper to make a secure fit. There is just no way this is going to work. 2 Layers is doable, but 3 is out.

Reached out to the manufacturer and the online store for a video that apparently exists but they keep sending me a pdf document that I found online when I first bought the harness.

Hoping someone actually has this harness and is familiar with this connection. I am comfortable rigging harnesses but this one just annoys me.

Had one myself and threading it is a bit of a pain.. and a few months ago sold it to a buddy and strung it on his plate..to pull through the third strap i used a needle nose plyers and just had to work it through.. slow and teidious

Slow and tedious... I had a relationship like that once. Maybe it is a sign? :wink:

Ok, I will try that tonight then.

Slow and tedious... I had a relationship like that once. Maybe it is a sign? :wink:

Ok, I will try that tonight then.

Hi Jack,

It depends if you are referring to the Elite or Elite 2. Both take some time to weave and can become very "tedious" however instructions and pictures for both are available for download. I would like to assist if you still are having trouble by tomorrow. Feel free to call me directly - 510-729-5110.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom