Hollywood Bowl Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpmermaid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Did anyone else go to "Blue Planet Live" this weekend at the Hollywood Bowl? The program featured clips from the BBC/Discovery Channel show of the same name, and George Fenton was there to conduct the LA Philharmonic -- there was also a chorale group whose name now escapes me. Ed Begley, Jr. was there to narrate, as well as one of the videographers. There was some really spectacular footage on screen, but it seemed to be to be a bit heavy on the predation aspect of life in the wild. Personally, I could have gone for a bit more of the colorful reef stuff. There were quite a few kiddies in the audience despite the late hour, and I wonder how many had nighmares after seeing the Orcas play catch with the sea lion or drown and devour the baby gray whale.

Sounds neat! Re the predation angle, I've watched and rewatched the series on DVD many times with my son, and I'd say that "Eat or be eaten" is pretty much the dominant theme weaving throughout ...

Some of us were not on the mainland this WE...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom