Honduras is not Kansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what a ridiculous and uninformed post.
cnherrick, please stick to fox news chat rooms if you want to make 'murican political statements.

That story you read about the pirates was on the mainland around Punta Sal, a well known bad spot and any captain should know to stay away from. They should be just as upset with their hired captains choices as well as their lack of research Bad things happen everywhere and while there is certainly a fair share of local Roatan crime, an incident such as this plays little to no role in Roatan Safety. These wealthy travelers chose to go to a known bad area, . Kind of like driving the back alleys of some Chicago area or some way off the beaten path texas back road at night in the Ferrari and the wife seated next to you. And lets not forget in the same article you mention where the couple mentioned "I can't say enough about how the Honduran people helped us," Reinholdt said. "Everyone was so friendly."
Granted these folks are Canadian and I do not know if theCanadian equivalent of the US state department has any like warings but this is what the State department has to say about that area "Incidents of piracy off the coast of Honduras can occur. In 2012, a U.S. citizen reported that his boat was boarded and his passengers were the victims of an armed robbery while sailing in Honduran waters near Puerto Cortes, three miles north of Punta Sal. In 2011, a Canadian citizen was killed in a similar incident. U.S. citizens should exercise caution while sailing or mooring in Honduran waters.""

Even with these warnings out there, these people chose to sail in the area , Can we get a big Home Simpson DOH!!
Seems like a place to avoid

Ok come on now Jim Walker. I know you must be a really smart, articulate lawyer as evidenced from your self promoting web page, but come on now---just how do these menacing men tow a disabled boat into the jungle?
:confused:

" The menacing men then disabled the boat and tore out the engine wiring, and left with gasoline and the
Canada%20Couple%20Attacked.jpg
couple's radio and drinking water, stranding them in the jungle."

I'm assuming their disabled boat drifted into the island where there was jungle.

Well then you are fitting perfectly the definition of "assume". This did not take place on an Island, This was on the mainland .. Once more, A big DOH!!

Why the abrasiveness? Whatever. I took it to mean that they were at sea, the pirates robbed them and disabled their boat, and they eventually drifted into land (island, mainland, or the moon) where the terrain where they landed was... jungle.

Why the abrasiveness? .
Dude , Get outta the lycra bodysuit and grow a feckin skin, You ASSUMED, something and we all know what that means. A local boat was disabled recently off Roatan, hung on the reef and nearly sank, was simply brought in then moved to French harbor for repairs

Why don't we ask Patrick Zingg and Captain Verne how safe it is on or around Roatan. I personally do not feel safe on that island after dark except on the grounds of the resort, knowing there is an armed guard at the entrance.

Dude , Get outta the lycra bodysuit and grow a feckin skin, You ASSUMED, something and we all know what that means. A local boat was disabled recently off Roatan, hung on the reef and nearly sank, was simply brought in then moved to French harbor for repairs

It means you chose to engage in pedantic semantics rather than seeing the point or the context.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom