Honduras is not Kansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The point is there has been hoopla bout the safety on Roatan because some Idiots thought it was a good idea to sail into Punta Sal , A known bad spot. Kind of like wandering around New Orleans, you thought it was safe in one area so you only chose to visit a fe others a few miles away and were suddenly in a bad place. All the warnings on State Dept Website, All the warnings on Sailing Forums yet they chose to go there? YEP, Lets blame Roatan, 50 miles away, You call it semantics, I call them Idiots
Lets head to a safe part of NYC , I guess anywhere within 50 miles must be safe to travel

I know people who won't go to Mexico, either....and the sad part is they are actually Mexican (born and raised in the USA, but parents are Mexican)... .I just returned from the Yucatan where I felt more safe than in most American cities...and walked through some "bad parts" of Playa del Carmen just to escape the hordes of gringo tourists. After enduring Playa (hated it) I cannot wait to enjoy the less crowd streets and talk to the welcoming locals of Roatan...and i will excercise caution but have no fears ....especially after reading so many great posts here. Glad i am not a paranoid American. ..what a boring life that would be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom