Honeymoon Diving Trip to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are set on Bonaire... for goodness sake please do more than four dives! If you stay anyplace on the water they'll have a house reef and tanks sitting right there. If you don't plan to do more than four dives... don't go to Bonaire. That'd be like... like... um... Hell, it would be so ridiculous that an apt analogy doesn't even exist!

:d

It is like going to the Superbowl to get a hotdog and a beer.

Reactions: RJP
We did a 32nd anniversary trip for two weeks in September and only did two dives a day and a few extra sunset dives ... Had a very nice time.. Low key, Cooked almost every night at the house we stayed at... Lots of time to enjoy the island and each other ... We are going back in February for two weeks... We fell in love with Bonaire..

It is like going to the Superbowl to get a hotdog and a beer.

It'd be like going to the Superbowl to get a hot dog and a cup of water.

:d

Thank all of you guys for the great responses! Based on some of your feedback, it sounds like a handful of dives on Bonaire just wouldn't do it justice. We are working with some Marriott points, so the suggestion to stay at the Marriott on Curacao looks awesome. I looked around on some of the other threads that talk about the difference between Bonaire and Curacao, and it was very insightful. We're now leanging more towards our honeymoon being split on Aruba and Curacao, rather than Bonaire (and have a separate trip later where we can enjoy Bonaire for a full week).

Thank all of you guys for the great responses! Based on some of your feedback, it sounds like a handful of dives on Bonaire just wouldn't do it justice. We are working with some Marriott points, so the suggestion to stay at the Marriott on Curacao looks awesome. I looked around on some of the other threads that talk about the difference between Bonaire and Curacao, and it was very insightful. We're now leanging more towards our honeymoon being split on Aruba and Curacao, rather than Bonaire (and have a separate trip later where we can enjoy Bonaire for a full week).

As my wife says "Bonaire is where divers go to vacation. Curacao is where vacationers go to dive."

My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon for October 2015. We're planning to spend a few days on Aruba then hop over to Bonaire for a couple days. We just got certified last summer and are still very much beginners and Bonaire looks like an awesome place to start our diving experience! The thought is to stay at a Marriott on Aruba then go over to Bonaire for the cool scuba locations. Can anyone recommend a good resort on Bonaire that would be a nice choice for new divers and have decent amenities for honeymooners, like a ocean view? We're PADI certified, so a dive shop approved with them is also preferred. Our plan is to do a two tank dive the second day we're on Bonaire, have a rest day, then two tank dive on the 4th day, before flying home on the 5th day. Having an all inclusive resort would be nice too, or at least a restaurant on site for convenience. Thanks in advance!

Check VRBO there are some nice deals there

I was just at Bamboo Bali which was mentioned above. There aren't that many real sandy beaches on Bonaire, so if you can forgo the view, I COMPLETELY recommend Bamboo Bali. A great place, and very well located on the island.

Bonaire is definitely a do it yourself kind of place, and that was the one thing I probably didn't appreciate. I HATE carrying my gear and all that and will admit to being a princess in this regard. My experiences in Grenada, Thailand, and Bali were much different because there were people to do the heavy lifting. I did like the flexibility of doing whatever you want whenever you want.

Best of luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom