Honeymoon hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

20vturbo

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello! This board looks like it has a ton of information on it, so thanks in advance!

My Fiancé and I are about to get married (4/14) and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a honeymoon place?! We haven’t put anything in stone but we were thinking either 5 nights on three islands of Hawaii (Maui, Kauai, and Hawaii) or the same type of thing in the Caribbean. :) All suggestions welcome!

20vturbo,
welcome to this board.
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
you will find tons of info on this board.
may i suggest maui.
http://www.napilikai.com/#
my wife and i went there for our 20th.
it is a very romantic spot.
good snorkling too.
regards,

Thanks guys! I look forward to it! Do you guys know if there is a way to rent good underwater cameras in Hawaii? I have a digital rebel but I'm sure you can't just rent a housing for it....or can you?

Welcome to teh ScubaBoard! No destination info, but happy to offer advice on Honeymoon activities!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been to a lot of places, spent our honeymoon in Grand Cayman a ways back, but recently went to St. Lucia for a diving medicine conference, hands down was one of the most amazing places that I have been. Diving was great too. Check out this link, if you go, stay here and I think the room you want is 7F. Congratulations... http://www.ansechastanet.com/

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Thanks for the input! keep it coming! I was told by the travel agent that it would be alot more to go to three islands in the carribean, I was wanting to go to Grand Cayman, turks and caicos, and St. Lucia (or if anyone has any other suggestions). I thought it would be more to go to Hawaii??

I'd have to agree on St. Lucia. One of my favorites of all the Caribbean destinations. Take the ride and get out of Castries The Hummingbird in Soufriere is a small hotel and very quaint. I honeymooned there and have absolutley no regrets. Sat in the bar restaurant most night and traded songs with a local musician, I think his name was Dasheen. Only a couple of rooms with AC though. Right next door is Anse Chastanet with full service dive shop, boats, etc.

Take some time and see the island. Drive through the rain forest and visit the Hilton at the Pitons. They have a great show in the evenings.

St. Croix is also a great place though it may not sound quite so exotic. Visit the beer drinking pigs in Mt Pellier and make sure you do a night dive at the Frederiksted Pier. Shallow with hours of bottom time, then walk down the beach to the Rainbow Bar. Hibiscus Beach Resort is a nice place to stay, just outside of Christiansted. Go to Stix in Christiansted and make friends with Termite, the waterskiing dog, if old termite is still around. If Molly and Ed Buckley still have a hand in VI Divers stop in and say hello. Molly is from my home town, Mobile, AL.

You also can't go wrong in St Maarten, Cayman, Belize and you'll find diving in any of these places to better than Hawaii.

Welcome to the board and congrats on your imminent nuptials!! May I suggest Tawali in Papua New Guinea! Really romantic and great diving

Back
Top Bottom