Honeymoon in Pacific Islands HELP ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm now really spoilt for choice :D

Some great ideas there, thanks for taking the time out to supply them, I really appreciate it.

I'd let you know what I decide , but some of her friends read this and know who Hoppy really is.

So it will have to stay a secret till we get back, but I for sure will post a trip report with all the details.

Well maybe not ALL the details :D I'll just do the dive bits !

Thanks again folks, much appreciated.

Hoppy

:) Simply put --- there is no place better for a honeymoon than Fiji. Especially the island of Taveuni. Known as the Garden Island of Fiji, this island is uniquely beautiful both above and below the water. Best prices and most enchanting settings are at the several available rental homes along the beach in the Matei area of the island. Resorts are generally overpriced and you are locked into eating all your meals at the resorts. Search the web for rental homes. Best are Marau Vale, Sere Ni Ika, Taveuni Palms.

Hoppy,

While I agree that Taveuni is a beautiful, romantic destination, I'm a bit leery of suggesting it for a "newbie" diver. The currents at the dive sites in the Somosomo Strait can be quite challenging. There are other, much less demanding sites throughout the Fijian islands, also very honeymoon-esque, that I've heard of, though I haven't visited. Check out Undercurrent or other postings on the board for more info in that area.

Good luck,

Best,

Currents? Yes in Somosomo, yet not always. Just a simple matter of checking on the moon phases and tide tables. I have logged several hundred Somosomo dives and often we just sit on the boat waiting for the current to pick-up. Another factor to consider is that with current the boats usually do a drift so returning to the boat is very easy as it pretty much comes to where you are surfacing. Big thing for 'quiet' Somosomo diving is to begin the diving week during ideal tidal conditions. Remember it IS the current that brings nurishment and thus the lushness to this u/w world. There certainly are other parts of Fiji where currents can be pretty much avoided, yet usually with a big drop-off in the quality of diving.
Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom