Hookah diving for Megalodons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee Taylor

Crusty old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
Joy and I went Hookah diving for Megalodons yesterday. Another day of black water diving in a beautful area of the Charleston SC Cooper River called the French Quarter. Actually Joy and I used scuba tanks and some of the others used the Hookah (a rig that pumps surface air down to a diver) I attached photos of the sharks teeth we found. Joy found her first tooth! Our next adventure will be offshore Carolina shipwrecks.

Slideshow - Hookah diving blackwater. Cooper River. Charleston SC

Video - Hookah dive operation

Last edited:
nice!

i've always wanted to dive the Cooper ... it's something i've got to do

i am heading down to Venice Beach in a few weeks, hopefully will find some teeth

Joy and I went Hookah diving for Megalodons yesterday. Another day of black water diving in a beautful area of the Charleston SC Cooper River called the French Quarter. Actually Joy and I used scuba tanks and some of the others used the Hookah (a rig that pumps surface air down to a diver) I attached photos of the sharks teeth we found. Joy found her first tooth! Our next adventure will be offshore Carolina shipwrecks.

Slideshow - Hookah diving blackwater. Cooper River. Charleston SC

Video - Hookah dive operation

Cool pics and great finds Lee!! Rob and I have been working on putting together hookah rigs (scuba tank hookah) for our kayak diving on the Cooper.

Lee,
Im heading to Venice, FL in Sept. and could use all the advisement and maps to help me your willing to supply. First time there. Will take all the advice I can get.

David

Here is what I suggest for diving Venice for sharks teeth. First off, do not fan. There is not enough current to sweep away the debris. Makes a horrible mess. Make a mental note that the teeth are almost invisible due to the growth on them. You have to look very closely for the triangular shape. Disturbing the bottom does not seem to work. A HID flashlight seemed to keep me focused on what I was looking at. I think Jamie with Aristakat charters is a key player. Jamie seems to be "in search of teeth". I highly recommend Jamie. I was very impressed with his fossil collection. He has a passion for fossils.

Seeing those teeth make you think twice before jumping in the water to swim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom